questions about ARIN ipv6 allocation

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 03:28:12 UTC 2021

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 5:59 PM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> The situation is such that the current economic incentives would be most advantageous to me to preserve my LRSA and abandon my RSA, which would involve simply turning off IPv6.

While the details are certainly yours to keep private,
from other statements made, or implied, it sounded
as if consolidating all your resources under a single
RSA was the most financially advantageous to you
*today* (as in saving you money *today*).  And all
that while allowing you to continue to be connected
to the entire Internet (which includes IPv6), which
I would presume you wish to be.

Of course, it does go without saying, that no one
can predict future fees, so whether one would
continue to save with a combined RSA, and for
how long, is unknowable.  You place your bets
and take your chances (in ten to twenty years
we will know if moving to a consolidated RSA
would have saved you money vs. separate
 accounts).  That those that feel their admitted
foolishness in the past may influence their
future choices, is a given.