questions about ARIN ipv6 allocation

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Dec 6 21:39:11 UTC 2021

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 1:00 PM Jay Hennigan <jay at west.net> wrote:
> If ARIN's fee structure is such that it is financially advantageous for
> any class of network operators to turn off IPv6, they're doing it wrong
> IMHO.

Hi Jay,

Nearly a decade ago I ran for the ARIN Board of Trustees on the
platform that IPv6 fees should be abolished until IPv4 use began to
wane. My basis for that platform was that ARIN's fee structure, in and
of itself, makes it financially advantageous for some network
operators to turn off or fail to implement IPv6. As you say: they're
doing it wrong.

Alas I was not elected.

Regards,
Bill Herrin