.bv ccTLD

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Mon Dec 6 21:12:42 UTC 2021

On 12/6/21 10:22, Owen DeLong via NANOG wrote:

> I’m an American, yet I know full well what SS meant in the 1940s, which is what I presume is alluded to here.
>
> I think it is safe to say that WWII is the history of people well beyond just Europe.

There are going to be negative connotations to many two-letter
combinations. Many of these will vary depending on the language of the
person observing them. Likewise there are going to coexist non-negative
connotations.

For example, the US Secret Service is also commonly abbreviated SS.

https://abbreviations.woxikon.com/en/ss

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV