.bv ccTLD

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 03:02:30 UTC 2021

Dear NANOGers,
Hope this email finds you in good health.
Please find my comment below, inline...

Le samedi 4 décembre 2021, Jaap Akkerhuis <jaap at nlnetlabs.nl> a écrit :

>  > > [...]
>  >
>  > Quite a while ago I met a guy at an ICANN meeting who'd made a deal with
>  > American Samoa to sell .AS domains since AS is the corporate
> abbreviation in
>  > several European countries.  It went nowhere, the Samoans took it back.
>
> Similar ideas where held for MD and TM but didn'y seem to work
> out. Furthermore, an indepent Bougainville mighs change the name
> to something else (as Zimbabwe did).

Hi Jaap,
Thanks for your email, brother.
It's, imho, exactly the right compromise to do.

...still available ISO 3166-1 Alpha-2 codes: bc, bk, bp
and: vb

All those names are not yet delegated zones within
the DNS; therefore they are all available to be used
as ccTLD: .bc ? .bk ? .bp ? .vb ?
...bougainvilleans [1] should just pick one to start
the processes of securing both Alpha-2 & ccTLD.
__
[1]: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bougainville_Island>

Shalom,
--sb.