questions about ARIN ipv6 allocation

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 15:41:05 UTC 2021

On Sun, Dec 5, 2021 at 2:23 PM Owen DeLong via NANOG <nanog at nanog.org> wrote:

> The double billing (had it been present at the time) would have prevented me from signing the LRSA for my IPv4 resources.

There were some community participants that suggested
that having a formal relationship with the ARIN organization
by signing the LRSA was good for the resource holders,
and good for the overall commons.   There were other
members that suggested that signing the LRSA would be
potentially disadvantageous at some future time.

While I still believe that having a formal relationship is the
better approach, even if it costs a bit more(*), I do
understand that some people may feel vindicated about
not signing a LRSA, or have changed their opinion about
whether they should have signed, or suggested others do
so.  Perhaps there are lessons to be learned here.

(*) If the number resources no longer have value
exceeding their fees for an organization, I understand
there is a robust transfer market available :-)