The great Netflix vpn debacle!

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Aug 31 22:15:18 UTC 2021

Force the traffic to these companies to use IPv6.  Advise your customers that
you are doing this, why you are doing this and what steps they need to take
to enable IPv6 on their equipment. Your customers can’t be in a worse position.

"Dear customer,
	       if you want to reach … you will need to enable IPv6 support in
your home network.  The world ran out of enough IPv4 for everyone several years
back and we have been sharing IPv4 between customers to allow you to reach IPv4
only sites.  The afore mentioned companies are now blocking IPv4 connections from
ISPs that have to share IPv4 addresses.  To give you a better service we are
blocking IPv4 connections to these companies so you will get a more reliable service
over IPv6.

For instructions on how to enable IPv6 connectivity on you home router see this
page ….

If your home router does not support IPv6 you will need to upgrade it to one that does."

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: marka at isc.org