Reminder: Never connect a generator to home wiring without transfer switch

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Tue Aug 31 19:19:14 UTC 2021

In this old (really not all that old comparatively, mid-late 19th c)
Boston neighborhood there are apparently still appliances w/o
thermocouple gas shut-offs.

I know because a local gas guy I was talking to told me it was a
nightmare if they had to shut off the gas in the street. They had a
list of those homes and had to send people to them one by one when the
gas came back on.

Go ahead, tell me that's not code...hahaha, that's not code, but this
is Boston.

--
        -Barry Shein