Reminder: Never connect a generator to home wiring without transfer switch

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Tue Aug 31 19:05:26 UTC 2021

I have a gas-fired hot water system, the electricity is also used to
run the gas blower. I believe most of the electricity it uses is for
circulating the hot water which you mention but it won't do anything
w/o electricity.

Actually I can bypass the circulator and it will do its best to
circulate the hot water by convection or whatever it is, I've had to
do that on occasion, failed circulator. It works "ok" like that, a lot
better than nothing on a New England winter day.

It's kind of quaint, an old converted coal furnace about chest high
and oh maybe 8'x6' footprint with spyglass doors, probably original
1890-ish, very steampunk.

But the gas blower is pretty much the usual standard little thing,
looks like a big hair dryer.

I do have wrkng frpls.

--
        -Barry Shein