An update on the AfriNIC situation

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Mon Aug 30 23:19:12 UTC 2021

Owen,

On Tue, 31 Aug 2021, 02:10 Owen DeLong via NANOG, <nanog at nanog.org> wrote:

> > On Aug 30, 2021, at 07:44 , Mark Tinka <mark at tinka.africa> wrote:
> >

> > On 8/30/21 16:19, Owen DeLong via NANOG wrote:
> >
> >> You may not like Lu and/or his business model. I’m not a fan of his
> business model myself, but it is technically permitted under existing
> policy.
> >
> > And yet you continue to work for and support him in this capacity.
>
> Yes… Because it is permitted by the rules as they exist.

Cloud Innovation your employer is in the business of leasing IPv4 addresses
in Asia, USA and Europe etc.

AFRINIC has never permitted this and Ashil from AFRINIC publicly stated as
such in the below archived thread.

https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2021-February/003907.html

You always claim policy blah blah blah in your defence of Cloud Innovation
Ltd and Larus business model.

But there it is. AFRINIC has never approved any IPv4 space for purposes of
leasing them for money as through they were a product.

Noah