Reminder: Never connect a generator to home wiring without transfer switch

Mark Tinka mark at
Mon Aug 30 20:34:47 UTC 2021

I was catching 5 minutes of CNN earlier this morning down here, and Gov. 
Edwards (LA) was appealing to folk running generators to make sure they 
don't die from smoke inhalation, due to using them inside the house so 
as to keep them away from water. Apparently, many have died post-storm 
due to fume inhalation toxicity.

Perhaps advising folk not to run the units without a changeover switch 
might have been too much to ask, as well.

Thoughts and prayers for all the folk out in LA, this week.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <>

More information about the NANOG mailing list