Main electric transmission towers collapsed--New Orleans at 11% Internet connectivity

JASON BOTHE jbothe at me.com
Mon Aug 30 18:37:34 UTC 2021

My concern is what will happen with ILA sites that traverse through the Orleans parish and others that are going to be without electricity for many weeks to come. Eight transmission circuits went into cascading failure last eve. While not all physically damaged, it will time to assess and begin a controlled restoration to balance. In the meantime, fuel will deplete at remote sites causing them to fail. A lot of capacity that serves the south central and southwestern US traverses through Louisiana.

J~