Reminder: Never connect a generator to home wiring without transfer switch

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Mon Aug 30 16:09:19 UTC 2021

Aaron,

If you read back in this thread (using the NANOG mailing list archive), you’ll find this has been explained in great detail. In a nutshell, phase grounding won’t help if a generator is energized from the customer end, and this technique was discontinued in the 1970s due to the many deaths that resulted.

 -mel