An update on the AfriNIC situation

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp
Sat Aug 28 17:02:14 UTC 2021

John Curran wrote:

> Indeterminate at this time, since a “Freezing Order" issued via ex
> party hearing doesn’t actually test the strength of the arguments, as
> the affected party is not present to respond.  It is only when the
> case for the validation of the order is heard that the strength of
> the arguments could possibly be assessed.  Note - the full list of
> cases filed are here <https://afrinic.net/court-cases
> <https://afrinic.net/court-cases>> for reference.

Then, several years will be lost if we wait Mauritius court
settle the issue.

A quick fix for the international internet community can be to
abandon AfriNIC and establish, outside of Mauritius, a new entity,
which may employ current AfriNIC employers, recognized by the
international internet community.

					Masataka Ohta