An update on the AfriNIC situation

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Fri Aug 27 23:16:45 UTC 2021

On 8/27/21 6:38 PM, Bill Woodcock wrote:

>> On Aug 27, 2021, at 10:07 PM, Bryan Fields <Bryan at bryanfields.net> wrote:
>> I’d expect that for a court to freeze assets of AFRINIC there must be a very strong argument.
>
> You know what’s funny?  There are a bunch of other people copying-and-pasting that same expectation on the AfriNIC and APNIC mailing lists, and they’re all beneficiaries of something called the “Larus Foundation.”  So, if you’re not getting paid to copy and paste that, you might want to look into it:
>
>     https://www.larus.foundation
>
> I hear it pays pretty well.
>
>                                 -Bill

Bill, I'd respectfully ask you to consider that my opinions are my own; to
imply differently is wrong and to do so publicly is worse.  I'm not a shill,
paid or otherwise, rather a member of the community looking at this from the
outside and trying to understand it better.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net