An update on the AfriNIC situation

Sabri Berisha sabri at cluecentral.net
Fri Aug 27 21:58:11 UTC 2021

----- On Aug 27, 2021, at 8:36 AM, Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net wrote:

Hi,

> If, like me, you feel like chipping in a little bit of money to help AfriNIC
> make payroll despite Heng having gotten their bank accounts frozen, some of the
> African ISP associations have put together a fund, which you can donate to
> here:
>
>   https://www.tespok.co.ke/?page_id=14001

Top Gear Top Tip: set a "travel notification" on your credit card prior to
donating. It took me 3 failed attempts and 2 fraud notifications to get a
payment through. The fraud notifications were delayed as well. Chase credit card.

"Verified by VISA". Right.

And yes Mel, you're right about NANOG's AUP but this is not a legal matter,
this is to keep AfriNIC in business...

Thanks,

Sabri