An update on the AfriNIC situation

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Fri Aug 27 18:43:35 UTC 2021

On Aug 27, 2021, at 11:23 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net<mailto:jcurran at arin.net>> wrote:

Excellent point.   I have taken the liberty of replying to Owen’s post here on nanog for clarity, but also suggest we continue this on arin-ppml so as to spare the NANOG community.

Thank you, John. I think NANOG has made its position clear on arguing individual legal disputes in its AUP:

3. Posts of a political, philosophical, or legal nature are prohibited.

15. The Mailing List is not an appropriate platform to resolve personal issues, engage in disputes, or file complaints

This already heated discussion squarely violates both of these rules. I concur that anyone who wants to continue the discussion can go to the arin-ppml.

-mel