Reminder: Never connect a generator to home wiring without transfer switch

Amir Herzberg amir.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 00:31:04 UTC 2021

> In theory, Jay is correct, but assuming that theory will always work in
> practice is, in this case, how linemen end up dead. We're all well aware of
> never assuming theory = practice, but admittedly the stakes tend to be a
> little lower in our world.

right. my grandpa was a high-voltage/wattage engineer. He always said, `an
engineer can make an error, but only once'.

Luckily, we can make many errors :)

--
Amir Herzberg

Comcast professor of Security Innovations, Computer Science and
Engineering, University of Connecticut
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/amirherzberg/home
`Applied Introduction to Cryptography' textbook and lectures:
 https://sites.google.com/site/amirherzberg/applied-crypto-textbook