Reminder: Never connect a generator to home wiring without transfer switch

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Aug 25 17:10:06 UTC 2021

On 8/25/21 07:04, Mark Tinka wrote:

> On 8/25/21 15:59, Ethan O'Toole wrote:
>

>> How would this not load the generator or inverter into oblivion?
>
> Not sure I understand your question. Say again, please.

If you fail to isolate your generator from the incoming utility feed so
that you're back-feeding the utility and the power is out for your
neighborhood or the whole city, would not the load of trying to light up
the whole town completely overwhelm your little generator to the point
that it fails, stalls, or trips its own output breaker?

Jay Hennigan - jay at west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880
503 897-8550 - WB6RDV