Reminder: Never connect a generator to home wiring without transfer switch

Ethan O'Toole telmnstr at 757.org
Wed Aug 25 14:24:36 UTC 2021

>>  How would this not load the generator or inverter into oblivion?
> Not sure I understand your question. Say again, please.

If you hook 100KW of neighbors up to your 5KW/20% THD garden generator it
would probably trip the breaker, or stall.

I suppose it could be an issue if it was a single house on a branch where
the break being serviced was just that branch (rural customers.)

Was just curious why it wouldn't overload the generator trying to power
all the neighbors houses if connected to the grid.

 			- Ethan