PeerinDB refuses to register certain networks [was: Setting sensible max-prefix limits]

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 20:22:01 UTC 2021

I don't think that's a valid example at all since clearly the entity to
peer with for access to the BellMTS ASes and their customers is AS577.
Which definitely does peer and is present at IX points.

I am familiar with another entity which has an entire regional ILEC's AS
behind it, but where the newly created AS (part of the people who bought
the big chunk of ILEC) is present at many IX points and peers quite widely.

Was referring more to a theoretical example if somebody were to attempt to
build a medium to large sized ISP exclusively as a transit customer of some
top-50 CAIDA ASrank size transit providers, and do no peering whatsoever.