BGP - Traffic Management

Ryan Hamel administrator at rkhtech.org
Thu Aug 19 17:21:47 UTC 2021

Hello,

Does anyone know of any US carriers that will accept more specific routes
other than what's required for the DFZ, like "le 31" or "upto /31" (junos
speak) ? I know Zayo supports this internally but would like to know of
other carriers for redundancy.

I am currently dealing with a network that has per region assigned public IP
blocks. I would like to see about moving to announcing aggregates to the
carriers across the MPLS network and redistributing more specifics from iBGP
to the carriers to get the traffic where it needs to be. In a failover
situation these more specifics are also visible on an MPLS backbone where
other transit routers will prepend the AS path upstream based on specific
communities to prevent anycast routing.

Thanks,

Ryan