PeerinDB refuses to register certain networks [was: Setting sensible max-prefix limits]

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 15:32:21 UTC 2021

I agree with you in the utility of that, but sort of as a side topic...

I wonder how many ASes are out there that have any significant volume of
traffic/multi-site presences, but are exclusively 100% transit customers,
do not have any PNIs at major carrier hotels, and are not members of any
IX.

What would be a good example of such an AS and how big of a network would
it be? Undoubtedly there are some enterprise end user type customers set up
like that, but I can't imagine they receive a very large volume of
unsolicited peering requests.