Outbound Route Filtering (ORF) vendor support

Humberto Galiza humbertogaliza at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:37:03 UTC 2021

Hi,

Is anyone aware of any vendor that supports Outbound Route Filtering
(ORF) based on anything other than prefix-lists?

I found these two old IETF drafts (both expired :-/) which supported
the idea of filtering based on community and as-path respectively, but
I wasn't able to understand if they were ever discussed at the WG and
if there was any outcome of the discussion (I suspect the authors are
no longer even working with the mentioned companies in the drafts):

- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-bgp-ext-community-orf-02
- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-aspath-orf-13

Any info is very much appreciated.

Thanks,