"Tactical" /24 announcements

Amir Herzberg amir.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 21:08:12 UTC 2021

Tom, I also referred to the same text from 7454! But Baldur is right: the
text does NOT clearly state that announcement more specific than /24
should be filtered.

If you allow different operators to filter at different lengths, you can
get disconnections. We never like to standards to be fixed to some number,
but this seems necessary (to me).
--
Amir Herzberg

Comcast professor of Security Innovations, Computer Science and
Engineering, University of Connecticut
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/amirherzberg/home
`Applied Introduction to Cryptography' textbook and lectures:
 https://sites.google.com/site/amirherzberg/applied-crypto-textbook