"Tactical" /24 announcements

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Wed Aug 11 11:03:48 UTC 2021

On 8/11/21 12:07, Tom Hill wrote:

> 2914 permit you to leak prefixes as specific as a /28 between your own
> ports with them. Someone once referred to it as a 'sneaky backhaul',
> believe. Given that there's no default in 2914, I guess that counts? :D

I suppose some arrangement between you and your provider is alright. But
since I (and I'm guessing, several other) operators that purchase from
NTT will not accept anything longer than a /24 from them, it only serves
internal forwarding within NTT for their customers that leak /25's or
longer into them.

I was wondering why we haven't seen this take off in the global DFZ :-).

Mark.