"Tactical" /24 announcements

Rabbi Rob Thomas robt at cymru.com
Mon Aug 9 17:45:56 UTC 2021

Dear team,

I have resorted to more specific announcements during hijacks, though
with only one purpose in mind:  To buy us a bit of time while the
upstreams and peers put blocks in place to thwart the hijack as close to
the source as possible.  The more specifics are an imperfect solution,
since they don't always propagate as widely or as quickly as the
hijacks, but it buys us a bit of time.

The more important part of that solution is to network with fellow
network operators.  This is my go-to solution for everything from
hijacking to DDoS to "what the heck is that?!"  :)

Be well,
Rabbi Rob.

--
Rabbi Rob Thomas                                           Team Cymru
   "It is easy to believe in freedom of speech for those with whom we