Abuse Contact Handling

Matt Corallo nanog at as397444.net
Thu Aug 5 20:44:43 UTC 2021

There's a few old threads on this from last year or so, but while unmonitored abuse contacts are terrible, similarly,
people have installed automated abuse contact spammer systems which is equally terrible. Thus, lots of the large hosting
providers have deemed the cost of actually putting a human on an abuse contact is much too high.

I'm not sure what the answer is here, but I totally get why large providers just say "we can better protect a web form
with a captcha than an email box, go use that if there's real abuse".

Matt