Something that should put a smile on everybody's face today

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Wed Apr 28 17:28:18 UTC 2021

On 4/28/21 10:19 AM, Mel Beckman wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Sorry, but Cloudfare wasn’t sued /because/ they’re a service provider.
> This dispute is no different than if they had gotten into an argument
> over a copier toner scammer. And your snide remark about my comments,
> claiming they are political, is uncalled for.  I fastidiously avoid
> making political comments, and take pains to explain my operational
> concerns if there might be any doubt (as I did with the Parler
> cancellations).
>
> I never said the copyright troll issue isn’t important. It just
> doesn’t belong on NANOG. It hinges entirely on philosophical issues
> with the PTO.

Snort. Your gubbermint conspiracy theories about the DoD address space
dripped of politics.

They were sued because they are a service provider with money and they
are fighting back asking for the community to help out. As William said,
that seems pretty on-topic to me. This community is in a good position
to provide that help which would be of benefit to NANOG in general.
Again, on-topic for network operators.

Mike