Something that should put a smile on everybody's face today

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Wed Apr 28 17:19:31 UTC 2021

Michael,

Sorry, but Cloudfare wasn’t sued because they’re a service provider. This dispute is no different than if they had gotten into an argument over a copier toner scammer. And your snide remark about my comments, claiming they are political, is uncalled for.  I fastidiously avoid making political comments, and take pains to explain my operational concerns if there might be any doubt (as I did with the Parler cancellations).

I never said the copyright troll issue isn’t important. It just doesn’t belong on NANOG. It hinges entirely on philosophical issues with the PTO.

 -mel