[nanog] TC x IRRd 4.2

Job Snijders job at fastly.com
Wed Apr 28 10:19:43 UTC 2021

Dear Ruben, all,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 10:18:32PM -0300, Rubens Kuhl wrote:
> TC IRR, an IRR operator focused on Brazilian networks, just changed to
> IRRd 4.2.  The new version allowed TC to deploy RPKI validation
> (thanks NTT for sponsoring that development) and expose HTTPS
> endpoints for WHOIS and submission that we hope will foster innovation
> around the database.
>
> Every precaution was taken for this migration to be seamless for other IRR
> operators, including matching of serial numbers. Every IRR server that
> mirrored TC and supported -j status query was verified that it followed and
> still correctly follows database journals.
>
> But if anything appears broken, please let me know or e-mail
> db-admin at bgp.net.br.

Congratulations to you and the TC team for reaching this milestone!

TC's use of RPKI-based IRR Object filtering combined with the efforts of
NIC.BR, IX.br, and LACNIC to promote RPKI in Brazil, make the Brazilian
community a positive example of a seamless integration between IRR and
RPKI.

Thank you for your efforts to increase the data quality of the TC
registry.

Kind regards,

Job