DOD prefixes and AS8003 / GRSCORP

Scott Morizot tmorizot at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 17:43:14 UTC 2021

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 12:19 PM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

> I provide all of the above in the spirit of maximal transparency, but
> there are indeed some practical limits to what can be provided.  The
> community should know that there was no special deal – only a clarification
> that the USG sought that was both appropriate under the circumstances and
> comparable to our handling other organizations that wished to move address
> space around internally.

Thanks for that expanded clarification about the DoD agreement, John. I'll
note that although my agency did not go so far as an additional signed
agreement, we did confirm we retained the ability to move portions of our
IPv4 networks, including networks we had not previously used publicly, as
required to contracted services acting on our behalf or other bureaus in
our department as operationally needed. I understand the DoD desire for
clarification.

Thanks again,

Scott