DoD IP Space

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Mon Apr 26 17:26:05 UTC 2021

On 26 Apr 2021, at 9:59 AM, Ca By <cb.list6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The fact that certain parties decided on their own that space not present in the global routing table was 'fair game' or 'private' doesn't make them correct, it simply makes them ill informed.
>
> My reading of this thread is that the space is now permanently bogon’d for some honeypot. so yeah, it is fair game. Enjoy the public goods all !

<chuckle>

While each network operator is free to make their own decisions on how they configure their routers, I’d personally suggest that folks think twice before considering another parties IP address blocks to be available for private use.  Just as no one expected to ever see many of these networks be publicly announced, it would not surprise me in the least to see production applications on these blocks at some point in the near future…

/John