FCC fines for unauthorized carrier changes and consumer billing

scott surfer at mauigateway.com
Fri Apr 23 23:18:24 UTC 2021

On 4/23/2021 5:51 AM, Eric Kuhnke wrote:
> Did the FCC ever collect its $50 million from "Sandwich Isles
> Telecommunications" for blatant fraud?  At this scale I wonder how or
> why certain people are not in federal prison.

Folks did go to prison:

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/30903886/hawaii-telecom-executive-sentenced-to-46-months-behind-bars

"Telecommunications executive Albert Hee was sentenced to 46 months in
federal prison on Wednesday for tax charges."

"Hee is the younger brother of former state Sen. Clayton Hee and the
founder of Sandwich Isles Communications."

https://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/news/2020/12/01/hawaiian-telcom-to-acquire-fiber-network-paniolo.html

"Hee, brother of former state Sen. Clayton Hee
<https://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/search/results?q=Clayton Hee>, was
convicted of federal tax fraud
<https://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/news/2014/12/18/alberthee-indicted-for-allegedly-taking-4m-from.html>
in 2015 and was sentenced to 46 months in federal prison and was
released on Sept. 19, 2019, according to the Bureau of Prisons website."

good details here:
http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Articles-Main/ID/26464/FCC-Fines-Al-Hee-49M-for-Fraud

He cheated folks that don't have much in the first place, so he could
have millions he didn't deserve.  Ugly person.

We (Hawaiian Telcom) bought the Paniolo Cable Company for their
interisland fiber network and have been pushing out good internet to the
far-flung locations.  We have really, really remote locations here.

scott

(paniolo means cowboy in Hawaiian)