Submitting Fake Geolocation for blocks to Data Brokers and RIRs

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Thu Apr 22 14:55:43 UTC 2021

> Question - if a country is not assigned to an allocation or sub-assignment,
> what does it default to within the RIPE region?
>
> In the AFRINIC region, for example, it would be MU (Mauritius), as that is
> where AFRINIC are located.

AFAIK Ripe does not set a default, it is up to the LIR.
You can assign geoloc to orgs ans assignments
Ripe publishes a list of all allocations made to the provider and lists their country of record.
If the address space is unassigned I'm not sure as it is not listed in the file  of allocations that contains the country , but I would guess NL as the RIPE country of record.

Brian