Malicious SS7 activity and why SMS should never by used for 2FA

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Mon Apr 19 13:12:57 UTC 2021

On 4/19/21 15:07, Tom Beecher wrote:

> I'm not arguing for or against anything here honestly. I'm just
> pointing out that we ( as in the technical community we ) have a
> tendency to put forward solutions that completely ignore what might be
> reasonably feasible for those of lower income , or parts of the world
> not as technologically developed as we might be in ourselves, and we
> should try to shrink that gap whenever possible, not make it worse.

This!

Nowadays, the businesses that tend to do very well while seeming like a
black box to most of their customers, are the ones who are consistently
solving problems from the perspective of real people, at scale.

If you solve it for 1, you solve it for 10,000 - and then the rest of
exponential impact.

Mark.