Malicious SS7 activity and why SMS should never by used for 2FA

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 09:17:10 UTC 2021

I would start with cellular carriers and nations that intentionally take
steps to block anything VoIP as a threat to their revenue model. Or because
anything vpn/ipsec/whatever related is a threat to local Internet
censorship laws.

Plenty of places the sort of ipsec tunnel used for vowifi is not usable on
whatever consumer-grade cellular or local broadband ISP you might find.