OOB management options @ 60 Hudson & 1 Summer

Dovid Bender dovid at telecurve.com
Fri Apr 16 12:38:30 UTC 2021

We use Raritan console devices in NJR2 and I couldn't be happier. They
allow you to have to connections. We have a VPN device that is connected to
our wan switches and then we have Verizon LTE as a backup. When we first
went with T-Mobile we had problems with the connectivity (see
https://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2019-January/098723.html). We
then moved over to Verizon where the signal was strong but we had issues
with the MTU issues (see
https://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2019-June/101576.html). I ended
up adding a rule to the raritan to lower the PDU and that allowed
connectivity via the cellular network. I used the cellular modem that
raritan recommended although I probably could have gone with something
cheaper like the MikroTik LtAP.