Texas ERCOT power shortages (again) April 13

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Wed Apr 14 15:41:02 UTC 2021

On 4/14/21 17:35, Brian Johnson wrote:

> I appreciate the nuances, but the need to imply that a profit motive
> was the issue is not proven. This issue was NOT foreseeable except
> with the perfect reverse 20/20 vision. It’s like saying that I
> shouldn’t have built the house where the tornado hit.

My reading of the reason ERCOT were concerned is that it was due to some
generation plants being taken offline for maintenance/repairs, as prep
work for the upcoming summer, when they came close to running out of juice.

I did not get the impression - from what I've read in the news anyway -
that they were caught off-guard, apart from, perhaps, underestimating
the forecast.

Mark.