Gaming Consoles and IPv4

Jeremy Bresley brez at brezworks.com
Mon Sep 28 13:29:20 UTC 2020

I'm outside of Tampa (18th largest MSA in the US).  The two providers
here, Spectrum (former Brighthouse area) and Frontier (bought out
Verizon's FIOS offering) are both IPv4 only (including on their SOHO/SMB
offerings).

Every time I've called in, I've asked if they are offering IPv6 yet.
Most of the time I've had to follow that up with explaining what IPv6
is, even to the technical support people.

So I'm stuck with doing an HE tunnel still for my IPv6 access. If
anybody has a petition to change this with these providers, let me know,
happy to sign it.

Jeremy