SRv6

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Mon Sep 21 17:10:17 UTC 2020

On 19/09/2020 03:23, Randy Bush wrote:
> i know you truely believe the tunnel k00laid.  the security
> community does not.

At this point, I'm beginning to think that you're trolling us with the
assertion(s) that the 'P' in "Virtual Private Network" has obviously
meant "Privacy" all along, and/or that - as of 2020 - the only suitable
definition of "Private", must now equal "suitably secure".

If you aren't just winding everyone up, then I would say that you're
skirting rather close to the reimagining of SD-WAN. That, or you are
haphazardly musing in a direction that ensures "Encrypted SRv6" will
become the next gigantic pain^Wdraft for the SPRING WG to endur^Wdebate.

One thing that is true: not all present or historical definitions (or
acceptable uses) of the word "private" strictly imply or infer privacy.
One may prefer an alternate history, but you may find more success in
expelling that energy in pursuit of creating a better future.

See/also:

"broadband"
"software defined networks"
"the cloud"