BFD for routes learned trough Route-servers in IXPs

Douglas Fischer fischerdouglas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 18:02:53 UTC 2020

Well...
My idea with the initial mail was:

a) Check if there is anything hindering the evolution of this draft to an
RFC.

b) Bet in try to make possible a thing that nowadays could be considered
impossible, like:
   "How to enable the BFD capability on a route-server with 2000 BGP
Sessions without crashing the box?"

And maybe:
c) How about suggesting a standard best practice dor ARP-Timeout for IXPs.
   And creating tools to measure the ARP-Timeout configurations of each
participant, and make this info available trough standard protocols.

--
Douglas Fernando Fischer
Engº de Controle e Automação