SRm6 (was:SRv6)

Robert Raszuk robert at raszuk.net
Wed Sep 16 21:51:03 UTC 2020

Hi Ron,

>  If you want an IPv6 underlay for a network offering VPN services

And what's wrong again with MPLS over UDP to accomplish the very same with
simplicity ?

MPLS - just a demux label to a VRF/CE
UDP with IPv6 header plain and simple

+ minor benefit: you get all of this with zero change to shipping hardware
and software ... Why do we need to go via decks of SRm6 slides and new wave
of protocols extensions ???

Best,
Robert.