how would draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds work in noam

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 21:25:28 UTC 2020

I have a question which might be about data flow here...

I assume that someone (entity) publishes a geo-feed <somewhere>
I assume that location of this feed (and others) is the goal of this work/draft.
   (I have no idea how this is done today.. aside from 1 implementation that
    requires a user to 'login' to a system and provide a url)

I don't see how you can easily link (correctly/securely) the publisher with
the correct data location, without something that clearly ties the
publisher to be the
owner/authorized-user of the ip space included in the geofeed.

To get to that tie, I'd just expect to see this published in RPKI.
Does that work for all/most cases? I think we heard terry manderson's proposal
in SIDR 'a long time ago' and 'everyone' said: "but what about the privacy!!!"
(we could have / did overreact maybe) but that use of rpki for
geo-feed-URL seems
like the simple way to tie owner/publisher.