curious spam...

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Sep 15 08:17:24 UTC 2020

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 12:39 AM David Hubbard
<dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com> wrote:
> Here in Florida the self-preservation interests of the two party system have resulted in all voter registrations being made public, including email, d/o/b, phone, home address (since you can't legally register any other), party affiliation.  If you used your private email for

Nothing. I used the gmail address for nothing. Ever. Not even when I
first got it many years ago. I provide an @herrin.us or @dirtside.com
address which my server later forwards to gmail for my perusal. I
usually use a custom address so I can figure out who broke my trust. I
have a couple of generic addresses (like bill at herrin.us) for mailing
lists and situations where I don't have a custom address ready. But I
simply don't give out the gmail address. I treat it as a back-end
mailbox for my own smtp server. 100% of email that reaches my gmail
box without going to another address at my mail server first is spam.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin