curious spam...

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon Sep 14 18:42:34 UTC 2020

Here in Florida the self-preservation interests of the two party system have resulted in all voter registrations being made public, including email, d/o/b, phone, home address (since you can't legally register any other), party affiliation.  If you used your private email for any state government registrations, they may have leaked it as soon as you moved.  Alternatively, if your previous state had already leaked it, and you have declared a party affiliation, the state level entity likely shared it with the national entity, who then shared it with the new state entity where you moved so they can spam you all over again.  I made the mistake of donating to a party backed candidate about a decade ago, and the cesspool of political entities associated with that party continue to email and text me every single cycle.  Unless I start suing, or change all my contact info, there's no likely any way I'll ever get it to stop.

I believe several states' DMV's have been found to be selling license registration info as a revenue source too.

Florida does have a way to not have your personal info released; it's conveniently only available to people you'd expect, first responders, judges, and of course, members of congress.