curious spam...

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Sep 14 18:30:38 UTC 2020

Howdy,

I've noticed something odd. When I lived in Virginia, I started
receiving email directly to my gmail box from my U.S. Representative.
Unsolicited spam from Congressmen is nothing new but it was a little
odd that they found my gmail box (which I don't give out) and not one
of the hundreds of aliases at herrin.us or dirtside.com which I do
give out. The gmail box exists only in mail headers; "From" is always
a different address.

I moved to Seattle. Today I found my grmail box subscribed to a
congressman's list from a nearby Washington jurisdiction. Not some
random congressman. And not any of the addresses I give out; my gmail
box's address which I don't.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Any idea how a hidden address
is making it on to relevant congressmens' lists but not any others?
That's weird right?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--