how would draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds work in noam

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 14:28:29 UTC 2020

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 1:49 PM Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> would folk familiar with the north american RIR and IRR registries be
>
> kind enough to suggest how this might adapt?  thanks.
>

> A new version of I-D, draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds-02.txt
>
> has been successfully submitted by Randy Bush and posted to the
>
> IETF repository.
>

> Name:           draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds
>
> Revision:       02
>
> Title:          Finding and Using Geofeed Data
>
> Document date:  2020-09-11
>
> Group:          Individual Submission
>
> Pages:          16

> Htmlized:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds
>
> Htmlized:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds-02
>
> Diff:
> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ymbk-opsawg-finding-geofeeds-02
>

> Abstract:
>
>    This document describes how to find and authenticate geofeed data.

I suppose in a pinch i could read this in detail, it is a problem i would
like to solve, but you lost my interest at RPSL and i totally tuned out by
the mention of cryptographic signatures... and some blah blah about rpki...
although i did enjoy the inclusion or the random text strings displaying
what entropy looks like

1.  How is this easier than me emailing a spreadsheet to Akamai and others
with subnets and zip codes and make them figure it out?  They are being
paid to figure this out, not me the eyeball network. Put the burden on the
org getting paid.

2. Why can’t arin just provide me a web portal to add city / state info in
my already existing rpki roa form?

I hate paying Merit for radb, i dont want to rely on them and their janky
website for another thing. Every time i touch it i am slightly afraid some
auto generated filter is going blackhole my network because i made a typo,
and they only update their pull of radb every 72 hours ...

Make it is easy, and it will get done ... this excludes rpsl and anything
requiring me to use the openssl command line