Getting Fiber to My Town by Jared Mauch

Brandon Butterworth brandon at bogons.net
Thu Sep 10 22:57:27 UTC 2020

On Thu Sep 10, 2020 at 04:54:50PM -0500, Mike Hammett wrote:
> When I read up about it, yes, pulling lube and blowing lube
> are different and you'll get different results. Microduct
> blowing lube is yet another difference.

Quite different. This is what we've used on Microduct

http://www.emtelle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/UK_DS_4400.pdf.
"Penn-Lube 9702A is a water based thixotropic lubricant which
 reduces friction during installation of cable and sub-duct...
 Containing high viscosity silicone polymers and perfectly
 spherical microspheres"

it's not cheap (about $20 for 240ml) but worth it, our
longest single blow was just under 3km
https://twitter.com/BogonsNet/status/1281509965686018048

The project we did can be seen at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VOhTiSYChQ
https://balquhidder.net

More people should take control of their internet, we're
working on some more.

brandon