sr - spring - what's the deal with 2 names

aaron1 at gvtc.com aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Sep 10 22:32:45 UTC 2020

Thanks Jeff, this is pretty trippy… I mean the fact that VPNV4 L3VPN works over SRv6 !

I’m so accustomed to seeing L3VPN being an MPLS thing, and now, no labels, no mpls. Wow

The wireshark sniff shows…

Ethernet

Ipv6

Ipv4

That’s it.  No double mpls tags like I’ve so familiar with.

I wanted to look at the MP-iBGP update to see what was in there, but apparently this is so new, it seems that my wireshark decode doesn’t show everything.  I see “BGP Prefix-SID” and then an Unknown 37 bytes under that.  I wonder if I could enable the SR Wireshark decode.  I have had to do that for other protocols in the past.

   05 00 22 00 01 00 1e 00 fc 00 00 00 00 00 00 04

   00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ff ff 00 01 00 06 28

   18 10 00 10 40

-Aaron