BGP Community - AS0 is de-facto "no-export-to" marker - Any ASN reserved to "export-only-to"?'

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Wed Sep 9 15:52:46 UTC 2020

No, but most network operators also aren't NANOG members, attend NANOG shows, subscribe to NANOG lists.

They're small outfits where there's between 1 - 5 total networking people.

Circling back to earlier where I said there are almost 70k ASNs in use on the public Internet. Most of those operators don't have complex configurations. I'd be surprised if less than half of them had anything more than the most minimal default route configuration.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com